Описание на програмата
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, this associate’s degree program can give you a solid foundation for achieving your professional goals. Our Associate of Science in Allied Health Sciences degree can be a springboard for a variety of higher degrees and health-focused professions where you can help members of your community get and stay healthy.
Every future healthcare professional needs a strong base of knowledge in the life and health sciences—no matter which allied health career path you plan to pursue. Our online allied health sciences associate’s degree program can provide you with exactly that: a background in general studies with an emphasis on life sciences and health.
Graduates should be able to:
- Utilize the principles and theories of the natural, social, behavioral, and health sciences to serve as competent and considerate healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate effective and culturally sensitive written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with individuals, groups, and peers in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Apply exemplary ethical and professional behaviors in various healthcare positions and organizations
- Apply creative and critical thinking skills to identify, explore, and develop alternative solutions for a range of healthcare delivery system issues and challenges.
- Effectively search, analyze, and report on healthcare-related data through the application of information technology and health management information systems.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
As an allied health professional, you may take on clinical or administrative workplace duties while working in a hospital, clinic, physician’s office, or other health care setting. After graduating, you may consider entering nursing, healthcare management, physical therapist assisting, or medical assisting degree program.
Associate of Science in Allied Health Science: 90 Credits
Area I General Education Requirements: 40 Credits
- ITS1000 Computer and Internet Literacy, 4 Credit Hours
- UVC1000 Strategies for Success, 4 Credit Hours
- ENG1100 Composition I, 4 Credit Hours
- ENG1200 Composition II, 4 Credit Hours
- ENG1300 Composition III, 4 Credit Hours
- SPC1026 Public Speaking, 4 Credit Hours
Mathematics and Statistics
- MAT1005 College Algebra II, 4 Credit Hours
(MAT 1001 is the pre-requisite)
- CHM1010 General Chemistry, 4 Credit Hours
Arts and Humanities (choose one)
- ENG2002 World Literature I: From the Ancient World to the Middle Ages, 4 Credit Hours
- ENG2003 World Literature II: From Enlightenment to Modernity, 4 Credit Hours
- ENG2011 Introduction to American Literature: 1865 to present, 4 Credit Hours
- HIS1101 U.S. History I: Colonial to 1865, 4 Credit Hours
- HIS1102 U.S. History II: 1865 to Present, 4 Credit Hours
- HUM1001 History of Art through the Middle Ages, 4 Credit Hours
- HUM1002 History of Art from the Middle Ages to Modern Times, 4 Credit Hours
- HUM2101 World Civilization I: Prehistory to 1500 C.E., 4 Credit Hours
- HUM2102 World Civilization II: 1500 to Present, 4 Credit Hours
- REL1001 World Religions, 4 Credit Hours
Social and Behavioral Sciences (choose one)
- ECO2071 Principles of Microeconomics, 4 Credit Hours
- ECO2072 Principles of Macroeconomics, 4 Credit Hours
- POL2076 American Government, 4 Credit Hours
- SOC1001 Introduction to Sociology, 4 Credit Hours
- SOC2010 Social Problems, 4 Credit Hours
Area II Foundation Requirements: 20 Credits
- AHS1001 Medical Terminology, 4 Credit Hours
- MAT2058 Statistics, 4 Credit Hours
Choose one additional Mathematics (MAT) course (4 credits) other than MAT1005 College Algebra II or MAT2058 Statistics.
- PHI2301 Introduction to Philosophy, 4 Credit Hours
- PSY1001 General Psychology, 4 Credit Hours
Area III Major Requirements: 30 Credits
- BIO1011 Anatomy and Physiology I, 4 Credit Hours
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1012 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab)
- BIO1012 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab, 2 Credit Hours
- BIO1013 Anatomy and Physiology II, 4 Credit Hours
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab)
- BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab, 2 Credit Hours
- BIO2015 Human Pathophysiology, 4 Credit Hours
- BIO2070 Microbiology, 4 Credit Hours
(must be taken concurrently with BIO2071 Microbiology Lab or BIO2073 Microbiology Laboratory)
- BIO2071 Microbiology Lab, 2 Credit Hours (online)
(required for BSN; RN to BSN students ONLY can take either)
BIO2073 Microbiology Laboratory, 2 Credit Hours
- NTR2050 Nutrition, 4 Credit Hours
- PSY2022 Human Growth and Development, 4 Credit Hours
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
How to apply
We make the application process as smooth as possible so you can start earning your degree right away. Our admissions representatives will guide you through our three-step process.
- To get started, call 888-444-3404, to speak with an Admissions Representative or fill out our request information form.
- An admissions representative will review our degree programs with you, give you an overview of the admissions process, and help you complete the application process. You can take a guided tour of our campus or a virtual tour online. Apply Now
- A Finance Counselor will work with you to discuss options and qualifications and to develop a payment plan that works for you. Programs with alternative application procedures.
2020-21 Starting Dates
- June 2nd, 2020
- July 14th, 2020
- August 18th, 2020
- September 22nd, 2020
- October 27th, 2020
- December 1st, 2020
- January 12th, 2021
- February 16th, 2021
- March 23rd, 2021
- April 27th, 2021
- June 1st, 2021
За учебното заведение
South University provides a warm, supportive learning environment that will encourage you to engage with a community of faculty, staff, and students eager to play a role in helping you achieve your ed ... Научете повече